How do I pay extra taxes for the remainder of the year to make up for a lack of paying federal taxes thus far?

f you are an employee, you can complete the form W4 and hand it over to your payroll department. Your employer will withhold taxes for you.

If you are self-employed or as a 1099 contractor, then you need to calculate your estimated taxes 1040-ES is the form.

Below blog article has links that can show you how to make a payment.

Estimated tax payments

I would highly recommend contacting a CPA or tax professional so they can help you with the estimation. This will help you avoid paying unnecessary penalties and interest.


**Note: The question above was asked on quora.

Posted In: Tax

Go Back