What taxes must a nonresident running a sole-proprietorship LLC pay?

In general, first determine if you are a resident alien or non-resident alien.

If you are a non-resident alien, you will need to file form 1040 NR and report your business income. This applies if your business income is directly connected to US Source income.

In order to determine if your income is a US source, there are various other complex tax situations which are based on your nature of your income.

*** Based on our response to a question posted on quora.

Posted In: Tax

Go Back